The town of Cherven Bryag (18 642 inhabitants, 110 m above sea level) is situated at the inflow of river Zlatna Panega in river Iskar. It is 137 km north-east of Sofia, 53 km south-west of Pleven, 12 km north-west of Loukovit, 56 km east of Vratsa, and 55 km south of Oryahovo. It is an important railway cross-section.
It first appeared as a railway station settlement in 1899 on the newly built Sofia-Varna railway line. It was proclaimed a town in 1929.
St. Sofronii Vrachanski Chathedral is located in the central part of the town (tel.: 0659 5860).
Accommodation: Cherven Bryag Hotel (4, Turgovska Str., in the centre of the town, opposite the railway station).
is available at the hotel and Leskovets Tourist Association (14, Turgovska Str., in the centre of the town).
It is a large railway cross-section on the line Sofia - Gorna Oryahovitsa - Varna (Rousse). Cherven Bryag is a starting point of a narrow-gauge railway line from Cherven Bryag to Byala Slatina and Oryahovo, as well as of a normal railway line to Loukovit and Zlatna Panega. The railway station is in the southwestern end of the town, opposite the central area. The town has regular bus lines to Pleven, Vratsa, Loukovit, Byala Slatina, as well as to many smaller villages within the region. The bus station (tel. 0659 2117) is located at Hristo Botev Square, very close to the railway station (tel.: 0659 2007, 2730).