The town of Godech is situated in the north-western part of Sofiisko Pole (Sofia plain). It is surrounded by the Berkovski parts of the Balkan with peak Kom (2016 m) to the north, by the end parts of Mala Planina mountain to the east and by Serbia and Montenegro to the west.
A number of archaeological finds prove that the Godech region has been inhabited since the pre-historical times and since the times of the Thracians and Romans.
The evidences dating from the Middle Ages and Bulgarian National revival are rather meagre. In 1453 Godech was mentioned for first time in the Ottoman records. There is a still preserved inscription in St. Nikola church in the village of Tuden and according to it the church was built in 1400 '"when the Ottomans took possession of Bulgaria'". About eleven years later another church with three apses and loopholes was built in the village of Gubesh, located nearby.
User Contributed Pictures
Featured Hotels - Prices and Fast Bookings
No hotels found
Bulgaria Regions: Sofia District